Rach and I are visiting Spain and Portugal.
Today I spent five hours in an art museum. I started getting annoyed at Rubens, El Greco, et al for painting too much Jesus and not enough juicy battle scenes. Luckily many of the bible scenes have everyone dressed anachronistically, so baby Moses is being found in the Nile by, like, Shakespeare’s wife and her friends.
I bought a toy that you fling six stories into the air and it floats back down. They sell them to tourists for two euros in the Union Squareish Plaza de Mayor, next to the caricaturists and shitty paintings of Don Quixote. The vendors make weird animal/baby “meep” noises, as if it’s a tic.
We had dinner at a restaurant with the tagline “Hemingway never ate here.”
Also there’s a park with a rectangular pond, which has casual rowboat renters but also serious men doing laps in kayaks.
- rebeccalando likes this
- yumwatch likes this
- nicky36 likes this
- whileyouwereout said: If you visit Lisbon let me know!
- biteofpythias likes this
- chels likes this
- nosuchthingasperfection likes this
- sciencevsromance said: They sell those horrible frog things on La Rambla in Barcelona, too. Nice that something unites Catalonia and Madrid.
- joshsternberg said: Enjoy! Was in Spain over the summer and Madrid was the worst city we went to. Hope you get to check out Barcelona, Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba.
- letters2myneighbors likes this
- nickdouglas posted this