The collectible card game Magic: The Gathering includes over 10,000 unique types of cards. But the backs on all those cards are exactly the same. To keep a deck’s contents secret, nothing could be changed from the original back design from 1993. So several errors introduced in that first printing are “locked in” forever. For instance:
1. There are ballpoint pen marks in the “Deckmaster” logo (itself a remnant of an abandoned naming system).
2. The logo now bears the ® of a legally registered trademark—except on the card backs.
Check out the other 4 secret errors on the backs of “Magic: The Gathering” cards. You won’t believe these other errors (because we made them up)!
Promoting Slacktory pieces is a constant game of telegraphing the joke just as much as needed. Henry Birdseye is getting good at that.
- spoons-to-you-sir reblogged this from slacktory
- thirdculturekid likes this
- dalasverdugo likes this
- sarahakemisaitu likes this
- heller reblogged this from nickdouglas and added:
- colinfitzpatrick likes this
- johnnylangscribbles likes this
- blueorchid000 likes this
- kenshinketsuen reblogged this from slacktory
- the-historia-crux likes this
- lumber likes this
- nickdouglas reblogged this from slacktory and added:
- oceansandarrows likes this
- lumber reblogged this from slacktory
- slacktory posted this